This elementary teacher resume sample can be adapted to show specific experience and expertise in teaching primary school age children.
It shows how an elementary teacher will often focus on experience teaching a wide range of subjects, such as Math, ELA – including reading and writing, Social Studies and Science. Some teachers may also have experience teaching art or a foreign language such as Spanish or French.
The main teacher resume page lists a range of other samples that may also give you ideas about how to draft your own version when you are getting reading to apply for a teaching post that interests you.
Guide To Getting A Teaching Job
Written by a veteran teacher and experienced interviewer of teachers, the Guide To Getting The Teaching Job Of Your Dreams takes you through writing your teacher resume and cover letter AND helps you prepare for an interview – including 50 of the most commonly asked teacher interview questions (and how to answer them!)
As well as showing the content of the elementary curriculum, see how this example resume deals with the writer’s ability to select teaching materials and adapt lesson plans to meet the needs of individual students. There is experience in teaching to a range of abilities and techniques of classroom and behavior management.
2213, Foxley Ave, Graytown, IL 69841
Tel: (098) 765-4321
Committed and resourceful elementary school educator – grades 1-5. Skilled in creation of inspiring lesson plans that accommodate individual student needs and learning patterns. Creates stimulating learning environment conducive to social and intellectual growth and adopts child-centered approach that nurtures each student’s talents and potential to succeed. Promotes excellent relationships with students, parents and fellow teachers.
|• Adaptive teaching style||• Assessment / recording|
|• Reading schemes||• Cooperative learning|
|• Curriculum planning / review||• Multisensory learning|
|• Classroom management||• Special needs programs|
St Savior School, Rockford, IL (2005 – present)
1st Grade Teacher
- Teach general subjects (Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies) in 1st grade class of 26 students.
- Develop and adapt lesson plans to meet differing abilities and social needs.
- Promote understanding of and respect for different cultural / heritage backgrounds of students.
- Encourage creative approach to problem-solving.
- Motivate / mentor students towards higher success and achievement.
- Work with teaching assistant to create multisensory materials / experiences for Science learning center.
- Diagnose individual strengths / needs and contribute to formulation of IEPs where necessary.
- Participate in afterschool enrichment program.
- Contribute to quarterly reports and participated in teacher / parent conferences.
Beacon House School, Batavia, IL (2002 – 2005)
2nd Grade Teacher
- Taught elementary subjects, including Math, Reading and Writing, Social Studies, Science and introduction to Spanish.
- Employed multiple teaching styles to adapt to provide challenging lessons in supportive class setting.
- Reviewed and selected new textbooks.
- Managed Reading Buddy program – partnership between 2nd and 8th grade students.
- Advised library staff on appropriate book selection for 1st and 2nd grade supplementary reading program.
- Supervised playground activities as required.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT / IN-SERVICE TRAINING
The Multi-Disciplinary Classroom (2007)
Integrating Technology (2006)
Encouraging Creative Writing (2004)
Early Algebra (2002)
B.A. Elementary Education, Valdas University
Graduate Certificate in Teaching