If you’re a preschool teacher who is looking to find a new job, you’ll need to make sure that you have a great resume prepared that showcases your teaching skills and highlights the most compelling achievements in your career so far!
There’s no doubt that teaching can be a physically challenging and emotionally tiring job. But there is also little to top the satisfaction that comes from working with children in school, watching them grow and develop intellectually, and helping them acquire skills that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives.
Preschool teachers have a very important role to play in preparing younger kids (usually between the ages of 3 and 5 years) to enter kindergarten. This is when the foundations of reading and writing, math, and science are laid, and important lessons of social integration are learned. Early childhood education is a vital part of growing up, and teachers in this sector become key figures in the world of their students – often people the children will remember for the rest of their lives.
Guide To Getting A Teaching Job
Written by a veteran teacher and experienced interviewer of teachers, the Guide To Getting The Teaching Job Of Your Dreams takes you through writing your teacher resume and cover letter AND helps you prepare for an interview – including 50 of the most commonly asked teacher interview questions (and how to answer them!)
Here’s a sample resume that shows how a job applicant has featured her specialist skills and experience in ECE. You can also ake a look at other teacher resume templates for more ideas about preparing your job application.
221 Lisson Drive, Dover, DE 19903
Tel: (098) 765-4321
Caring, responsible Early Childhood Educator, committed to providing an safe, inspiring, and nurturing learning classroom environment. I am passionate about laying the foundations of lifelong learning in order to make a difference in a child’s life, and I believe that parents as well as my fellow teachers are partners in a child’s education.
|• Early age curriculum||• Great organization skills|
|• Varied lesson plans||• Excellent communication skills|
|• Use of IT in teaching||• Spanish speaker|
|• Educational assessment||• Classroom Management|
|• Progress portfolios||• Mandated Reporter accountability|
Sharon Early Learning, Dover, DE (2009 – present)
Preschool Lead Teacher
- Create a fun and interactive atmosphere for learning experiences.
- Foster positive self image amongst students and encourage creativity and independent expression.
- Keep good classroom order by helping children to understand limits and respect their fellow students.
- Employ age-appropriate communication strategies and child-friendly speaking style.
- Maintain and organize books and other classroom resources in learning centers.
- Teach basic math and phonics.
- Employ varied strategies for incorporating information technology in classroom teaching.
- Maintain records of individual students’ development.
- Liaise with parents during quarterly parent-teacher conferences.
- Develop programs to facilitate students’ transition to kindergarten.
- Write reports and observations for students under evaluation for special services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Department of Children and Families compliance regulations.
- Participate in staff training as requested.
- Springfield University, FL: B.A. Early Childhood Education
- Applying the ECERS-R
- CDA Credential (SmartKids Training Solutions, Dover, DE)
- Hillside High School, Dover, DE: High School Diploma
- Certified in Pediatric First Aid / CPR / AED
- Summer Camp Counselor, Dover, DE
- Basketball, swimming, lacrosse
- Microsoft Office proficiency
SPECIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE