Here are some ideas on how to write a resume for a substitute teacher. This sample resume focuses on teaching experience, covering for regular class teachers in emergency situations as well as for short and medium term vacancies.
It also lays emphasis on a flexible and versatile, ‘hands-on’ approach to subbing for a class teacher who has been called away. Being a substitute requires an ability to adapt teaching styles and techniques to the programs and methods employed by the regular member of staff, to ensure that academic progress is not disrupted.
Guide To Getting A Teaching Job
Written by a veteran teacher and experienced interviewer of teachers, the Guide To Getting The Teaching Job Of Your Dreams takes you through writing your teacher resume and cover letter AND helps you prepare for an interview – including 50 of the most commonly asked teacher interview questions (and how to answer them!)
Keeping good order in the classroom when you step in to replace another teacher requires confident classroom management skills. This resume shows how the writer has been able to ensure a effective learning environment and has adhered to regular teaching plans and school policies. Check out the main teacher resume page for more examples.
686 Royston Parkway, Denver, CO 80600
Tel: (098) 765-4321
Certified substitute teacher (K-8) with excellent organization skills. Committed to ensuring continuation of curriculum programs and academic success of individual students. Versatile and effective classroom manager, quick to establish good working relationships with students and staff.
|• Multidisciplinary approach||• Student Support|
|• Computer Skills||• Assessment / Recording|
|• Mentoring / Motivation||• Spanish Language|
|• Team Teaching||• Classroom Management|
|• CPR Certified|
XYZ District, Denver, CO (2004 – present)
Substitute Teacher (Grades K-8)
- Filled in for absent teachers in emergency and on short and medium term assignments.
- Followed teaching programs set by regular teachers and prepared outlines when necessary.
- Liaised effectively with colleagues in team teaching assignments.
- Integrated lessons into long-term curriculum plan to ensure continuity of education objectives.
- Set and corrected homework assignments and projects.
Employed materials and techniques of regular teacher where available.
- Fostered safe, positive and supportive learning environment.
- Ensured good order and behavior in and out of class.
- Maintained attendance and achievement records in accordance with school policy.
- Completed appropriate report forms for subject teachers / academic supervisors.
- Respected confidentiality of personal information.
- Adhered to non-discriminatory policies and guidelines.
- Attended faculty meetings.
- Participated in general school duties as requested.
Substitute Teacher Certificate
Mayfield University, CO: B.A. Elementary Education
Setter High School, Denver, CO: High School Diploma
SPECIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Certified in Pediatric First Aid / CPR
Summer Camp Counselor
Word processing, spreadsheets